About Step Forward
Mission: The Courageous Steps Project’s STEP FORWARD Initiative encourages children and young adults with developmental challenges to take their next step forward into a fulfilling life.
The Courageous Steps Project’s Scholarship Fund will morph into the STEP FORWARD Initiative creating a specific purpose of preparing these individuals for success later in life. The criteria for the scholarship will still stay the same. However, the individuals will be recognized as Courageous Steps STEP FORWARD scholarship recipients starting on January 1st, 2018.
Main Objective: The Courageous Steps Project’s STEP FORWARD Initiative aims to:
• Encourage children and young adults with challenges to speak out on issues that impact their daily lives;
• Encourage these individuals to learn more about their challenges;
• Encourage these individuals to embrace their abilities;
• Prepare these individuals for post-secondary education through awarding scholarships to graduating high school seniors in the Eastern Maine region; and
• Encourage these individuals to lead change in our society through community engagement opportunities.
Target Population: We will be targeting children in 4th and 5th grade, middle school aged students, high school students, and young college students who are living with developmental challenges trying to find their voice. The STEP FORWARD initiative will also guide these individuals through constant community engagement events that provide the opportunity for these children to get involved. More importantly, their involvement will translate in awarding of scholarships through an application process.
Social Media Feed